Cambrian Kits, part No.C114
Single Kit Supplied without Wheels. For wheels see Gibson 3 Hole Disc Wheels
BR BOLSTER D (BR ROLLER BEARING PLATE BOGIES)
200 Bolster Ds were built at Lancing in 1959 to D1/478 with roller bearings, and vacuum braking. Manual braking was operated by handwheels at the ends of the wagon.
Built at Lancing in 1959-60. About 15 of these wagons were "converted" in the mid-60s to carry coils from Corby and possibly other steel mills. This was only a minor alteration using timber to position the coils. Later, a number (7+) were used for overhead electrification work, with "DofM&EE. BRB. HQ. ELECTRIFICATION" in large lettering along the sides. These were air-piped and had the TOPS code YYW.